GALAXY Note 4 N910C On Android 4 has finally received the Official Lollipop update and we have posted the guide to update Note 4 N910C to official lollipop firmware. The new update contains lots of goodies, which were introduced in Lollipop update by Google and some UI updates by Samsung itself. The performance of the device is already impressive so there are doubts if you will feel any difference. The battery life of the phone should be improved because of certain features of battery saving in Android 5.0 Lollipop. If you have already updated your smartphone with this update, then you must have noticed all of this. If you are reading this then you probably want to root your device.
Previous root access must have been wiped when phone is updated whether using Odin or OTA update. Google made certain changed in Android 5.0 so the root access is not the same anymore. It can be gained with a slightly different method. Thanks to Chainfire, the rooting method for Android 5.0 is simplified once again. Just follow the guide given below to root Galaxy Note 4 N910C running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Official Firmware. You must follow all the given steps to make sure that the device stays safe during the entire procedure.
The GALAXY Note 4 N910C On Android most basic requirement is that phone should be running stock Android 5.0 firmware. This rooting method does not use custom recovery. The phone Wifi Names will be rooted using the stock recovery. This is the simplest and easiest rooting method available for Galaxy Note 4 N910C.
- Odin v3.09
Samsung GALAXY Note 4 USB Drivers
The USB drivers are a must-install for updating manually. Without USB drivers, the phone cannot be properly connected to the PC. download and install USB drivers installer from the link given below. It is for Windows devices. After installing USB Drivers, connect the phone to PC to complete the driver’s installation.
Samsung GALAXY Note 4 USB Drivers Installer
Make a Backup
It is critical that you make a backup of all important data since the device will be wiped during installation. If the device is not rooted, use the following guide to make a backup of messages and contacts. The contents of internal storage should be copied to any other media storage like PC. The external Best Wifi Names SD Card (if used) should be unmounted while flashing the firmware.
You must back up all media files stored in internal storage. As a safe precaution, you might remove SD Card while doing it, however, it has never caused anyone any kind of issue. All deleted applications can be installed from the Play Store My Apps tab.
If your device is rooted then you have better options for making a backup of your device. You can backup each and every setting along with all applications and all system files along with it. It is pretty useful for restoring your phone to the previous state without much hustle. Here is the recommended guide for rooted users.
How to Root N910C Lollipop (5.0.1) Official Firmware
- Download and start Odin PC v3.09.
- Download and extract CF AutoRoot package.
- You will get a .tar.md5 file from the package.
- Place in anywhere on PC.
- Now turn off Galaxy Note 4 N910C.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Buttons.
- Keep the buttons pressed until you see a warning screen. Confirm and move on Download Mode screen.
- Now plug-in the USB Cable to PC.
- The ID: COM box’s colour in the upper left corner will change.
- Once it shows connected in the log below, head on to next step.
- Click on AP/PDA tab and select the downloaded .tar.md5 file.
- Odin will load and analyze the file until it is ready for flashing.
- When it is ready for flashing, it will give the message.
- Now make sure that only Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked. Re-Partition must not be ticked!
- Once verified, start flashing by clicking on the button in the bottom right corner.
- The phone will reboot itself once flashing is done.
- You will see SuperSU in the app drawer when the phone boots up.
- It means that the phone is rooted.
- That’s it! Enjoy root access on Galaxy Note 4 N910C Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware