It would help if you had a suitable software like [Various] to open the THM file. Without proper software, you will receive a Windows message as “How do you want to open this file?” Windows 10 or “Windows will not be able to open this file” (Windows 7) or a similar Mac/iPhone/Android alert. You can’t open if the THM file correctly, try to right-click or long-press the files.
How to open a THM file, programs and how to open it
Programs that open and convert THM files:
See the previous paragraph to learn more about the main application. Canon G3 (Digital Camera Thumbnail) by Canon
- Clipart Gallery (Database) by Microsoft Corporation
- Olympus (Digital Image Thumbnail) by Olympus Corp. It is a small JPEG file associated with a TIFF format uncompressed raw image.
- OpenOffice.org (1.1.x Configuration File) by OpenOffice.org Program ID is office.StarConfigFile.6
- Serif DrawPlus Theme
- Sony Ericsson (Theme File) is a Communications of AB Theme file for Mobile Phones. These can include games and other programs. The identifying characters used for this association are – Hex [Position 257]: 75 73 74 61 72, ASCII: star
- Video ThumbnaiFile le(EXIF header and thumbnail)
Technical Data for THM File Extension:
The program has a following list to be compiled from the database produced by the Associate, selected data from the most FILExt database and file extension information submitted by users. A THM thumbnail bitmap image may be a particular file format and will only be edited and saved with the excellent software.
How to solve problems with THM files:
- Associate with the THM file extension with the correct application. On Android, tap the Settings icon on your smartphone, then tap on the Apps section. There tap Options icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen to change the default apps.
- Search, therefore, e.g., on the manufacturer’s website after an available [Various] update.
- To assure that your THM file is not corrupted or virus-infected, get the file again and scan it with Google’s virustotal.com.
What is the purpose of THM file, and can I delete it?
The THM file After connecting your Canon’s memory card to your computer, there is a chance you have seen files ending in THM. In some case, the THM is named something like MVI_1023.THM. If you have used your camera to shoot several videos, these can seem like unwanted pests clogging up your memory card. You may be tempted to delete them, but learning from previous mistakes, you have probably decided to find out what the .THM file does and wondered if there’s any consequences.
THM is a contraction of the thumbnail. Cameras are adept at creating thumbnails of photographs, but video files tend to be larger and tricker beasts. It is due to the compression techniques and the way the data is stored. You might have been noticed that video files are many times larger than a photo taken with the same camera.
If you wanted to quickly preview all the video and photo files on a card, a camera would typically have to stop and process part of the video to display a thumbnail. It is a slow process, and it gets slower with larger video files. To view, the camera files would become very irritating, as it would freeze at each video to generate an image (Note: some cameras display a generic video icon that it doesn’t give a hint of the video’s content, so you have to hit play each time to see what the video is about, another tedious process is, you have a lot of video files).
conclusion | How to open a THM file
The solution was created by a thumbnail and allow easily to view of all your files. The examples are, MVI_1023.MOV has a corresponding thumbnail file MVI_1023.THM. While using the camera, you are not aware that you are seeing the THM files. The camera will create and display them automatically and then removes them when the video is deleted using the camera. Crucially, if you use a computer to delete or move the videos & write for us here more about thm files & make videos, the THM will remain on the card and need manual deletion too.